• Property Tax Assistance Program

    Montana homeowners whose total income is below a certain limit can claim property tax assistance that reduces their property taxes depending on income. TO apply for this assistance you need to file form PP8-8 - Application for Property Tax Assistance Program with the local office ot the Montana Department of Revenue. 


    Extended Property Tax Assistance Program

    The Montana Department of Revenue identifies homeowners whose taxable value has increased by more than 24% and mails them applications for the extended property tax assistance program.


    Disabled Veterans

    Disabled veterans and surviving spouses of service members killed in action or veterans who died as a result of a service-connected disability can qualify for a reduced property tax rate. You need to submit Form PPB-8A - Disabled American Veteran Application to claim this benefit



    Montana homeowners age 62 or older may qualify for a tax credit whether they own or rent their home. To claim the credit, you file Form2EC - Montana Elderly Homeowner/Rental Credit with you Montana state income tax return. If you are not required to file a state income tax return, you can still file the form and claim the credit.