Improve facilities and our kids' futures with a Levy and Bond.
This Levy & Bond combination is a replacement of the High School bond
- Current Bond ends 2018;proposed Levy & Bond together will be the same amount or less than the monthly property cost for the expiring Bond
- Levies and Bonds support different funding needs-both are needed to support District objectives: education programs/staffing and building remodel/upgrades
Fiscally responsible while growing programs-doing more with less.
District has cut $1,000,000 since 2012
Enhanced educationaland extra-curricular programs district-wide the last 5 years
Consolidate Campuses will save $400,000 annually
- Reduce from 4 to 3 campuses (close Washington)= Daly K-4;HMS S-8;HHS 9-12
- Proven positive grade configuration
- Averaging 400 students per building is more efficient model ; better use of tax payer funds
Staff Reduction through Attrition will save $300,000
- Nine retirements;not all positions will be refilled
- Attrition does not affect educational programs
Challenging forecasts; time to act is now.
Declining Funds/Declining Student Population
- Projected $700,000+ shortfall over next 5 years
- 100 fewer students since 2012; down 42 this year
- Fewer families moving to Hamilton
Facility Upgrades Overdue
- Daly Elementary needs classroom upgrades,a gym, HVAC,etc.
- Haynes Track & Field is deficient and failing
Maintain and Grow EducationalPrograms
- Maintain award winning,nationally recognized educational programs
- Continue to provide and enhance relevant higher-ed and vocational programs
- Retain and recruit top educators